Posted on March 19 2021
Finding the right face cream for men can be like finding a needle in a haystack. Like most of the skincare industry, most of the face creams you’ll find on the market are targeted at women instead of men. You’ll often find fragrance included in mainstream face creams for men – and few men want to go around smelling of roses. At sefoliskincare.com, we’re passionate about teaching men about the benefits of establishing a regular skincare routine and why they should be using a face cream.
Why Men Should Use a Face Cream
While your significant other might have shelves full of skincare products, a face cream is one product that every man should be using. It’s versatile and can change your skin virtually overnight. Whether you’re concerned about premature aging or acne scarring, face cream for men should be your go-to product. Most men don’t use skin care products, relying on just their aftershave and deodorant to get them through the day.
Whether you’re looking for something you can put on your face in under ten seconds or a full skincare routine, a moisturizer is something you can’t overlook. It’s the one product that can radically change the condition of your skin. Men have thicker skin than women, which leads to a quicker cell turnover rate that depletes the skin of its natural moisture. This process means men are more susceptible to redness and inflammation due to skin dehydration.
All you need is a dime-sized amount of moisturizer to apply to freshly cleansed skin. You can go through your minimalistic skincare routine in less than a minute. Creating a consistent skincare routine is a simple way to put yourself in control of your skin. The face cream is a product you should be using at every age, whether you’ve just enrolled in your first college class or if you’re about to retire.
While you don’t need to be using a myriad of expensive serums and toners, the one product you need is a face cream for men.
What Skincare Should Men Use?
Whether you want to jump on the bandwagon of skinimalism or try a full skincare routine, a face cream for men should be at the heart of your routine. Before applying your moisturizer, you want to work with a clean face. Your skin absorbs everything you put on it, and it suffers from environmental and free radical damage throughout the day. Everything from pollution to dirt is clinging to your pores. If you want to get the most out of your face cream, you need to start by cleaning your skin with a mild cleanser.
The cleansing process will help remove impurities and excess oils from your skin, letting you get the most out of your face cream. These two products should form the basis of any man’s skincare routine. You can add other products to personalize your routine and address specific skin concerns, like an anti-aging eye cream, which you can also find on sefoliskincare.com.
One extra product you’ll want to be using every day is an SPF to help protect your skin against UV damage. You can find face creams for men that include a high-factor SPF, or you can layer a separate sunscreen over your morning moisturizer.
Don’t let the world of skincare overwhelm you and make you think that you need to have all the products that your favorite influencer is using. Keep it simple with a cleanser and moisturizer for day and night, adding sunscreen to your morning routine. It’ll take you less than two minutes, and you’ll see an instant improvement in the condition of your skin.
The Different Skin Types There Are
Before you start shopping for a face cream for men, you need to understand your skin type. While some products like moisturizers are suitable for any skin type, each formula is made with specific issues in mind. If you have sensitive skin, there will always be certain ingredients you want to avoid as they might irritate your skin.
For men’s skincare, you ideally want to keep it short and to the point. Don’t feel the need to be using as many skincare products as your wife or girlfriend. When you know your skin type, it’ll be easier to determine whether you need any additional products, like salicylic acid treatments or additional hydrating products.
There are four skin types for men:
- Dry skin is easy to spot as it often has areas of flaky skin that feel tight. Your skin will likely feel tighter after using a cleanser, and it has a matte finish, which can make it appear dull or tired-looking.
- Oily skin gives you a greasy shine to your t-zone. This skin type is prone to breakouts and blackheads due to excess sebum production, which clogs up the pores and causes impurities. Most men have an oily skin type and suffer from blackheads.
- Combination skin gives you a mixture of both. You might have dry skin on your cheeks while your t-zone is oily. If you fall into this category, you might decide to use different products to target the specific concerns of each area of your face.
- Sensitive skin is characterized by redness on the skin. You might experience a stinging sensation on your face while applying new products. Anyone with sensitive skin will usually feel a level of irritation while shaving, such as inflammation and soreness.
Once you’ve identified your skin type, you can decide if you want to add any additional products to your routine. As a face cream is a multi-faceted product that works to address a myriad of concerns, it’s often the only product most men need to use, alongside a daily cleanser.
Face Creams Are Multi-Tasking Products
At sefoliskincare.com, we recommend using a face cream for men both morning and night to get the best results. As your skin naturally becomes drier while you sleep, night-time is when you want to be using a moisturizer religiously. It’ll keep your skin hydrated while helping to restore the skin’s natural protective barrier. As our face cream includes retinol, it’s ideal for men to revitalize the skin without leaving any residue behind.
No one wants to think about getting older, but face cream is a multi-tasking product that helps prevent premature aging. If you have a beard or suffer irritation around your chin, you can bring your moisturizer down to massage it into your lower face and neck. Face creams can help hydrate and condition the hair follicles in your beard, keeping them healthy and preventing ingrown hairs. You can also use your men’s face cream on any other area of your body that you think needs a little extra TLC, like your elbows or anywhere with dry skin.
The face cream is a perfect follow-on to shaving as it helps prevent ingrown hairs and reduces irritation, particularly if you have sensitive skin. It seals up your pores after shaving to prevent impurities clogging up your skin and causing acne or inflammation.
While we often reach for aloe vera to soothe our skin after a day in the sun, a face cream can have the same effect. Our men’s moisturizer is ideal for those living in a warm climate as its infused with organic aloe vera and is formulated with dry and acne-prone skin in mind to help soothe your face.
What Ingredients Should I Look For?
When you’re shopping around for your men’s face cream, the Sefoli face moisturizer should be top of your list. It’s formulated specifically for men and contains natural anti-inflammatory ingredients which promote cell turnover and leave your skin hydrated.
It’s a multi-tasking product that improves your skin’s moisture levels and prevents premature aging by stimulating your collagen production to leave the skin plump and firm. Our face cream for men has a fast-absorbing and non-greasy formula, making it ideal for both morning and night. You can throw it into your gym bag and use it after your morning workout without worrying about adding extra sweat to your face.
We’ve put our men’s face cream through rigorous testing by a third-party FDA-compliant lab. It’s suitable for all skin types as it’s gentle and non-irritating, making it a staple for any man.
At sefoliskincare.com, our face moisturizer for men is packed full of nourishing ingredients that your skin will love. We’re taking a brief overview of some of the benefits of these hero ingredients and the role they play in maintaining and improving your skin’s health.
The active ingredients in our men’s face cream include:
- Retinol works to exfoliate your face to help rejuvenate your skin and stimulate cellular turnover. It’ll leave your skin looking brighter and smoother by removing dead skin cells. As a cleansing ingredient, it helps to prevent breakouts and controls excess oil production.
- Niacinamide helps to protect your skin from oxidative stress and improves its texture. This ingredient acts as an anti-inflammatory to treat acne scarring while diminishing the appearance of enlarged pores and smoothing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Hyaluronic Acid is the ingredient everyone is talking about. It retains up to 1000x of its weight in water, giving your skin a hydration boost to restore your natural moisture levels. As we age, our body produces less hyaluronic acid, meaning you need to find it from another source – like our face cream for men.
- Aloe Vera (Organic) is something we all reach for to soothe our skin during the summer. It’s an anti-inflammatory that moisturizes the skin while quickly absorbing into the skin, making it ideal for all skin types. Aloe vera can be used as a treatment for eczema and dry skin as it helps to soothe the itchiness and restores moisture to the skin.
- Sunflower Oil (Organic) contains a duo of hero components; omega-6 fatty acids and vitamin E. It encourages cellular turnover to keep your skin looking youthful while reducing inflammation and evening the skin’s texture.
- Jojoba (Organic) is an ingredient that is starting to dominate the skincare world. It works overtime as an antibacterial and antioxidant, helping control your skin’s sebum production while stimulating your collagen levels to prevent premature aging. Jojoba oil can help heal acne wounds while moisturizing your skin in the process.
- Green Tea Oil offers something for every skin type. It soothes dry skin and reduces the irritation and itching associated with eczema. As an antiseptic, it helps balance your oil production to reduce the shine caused by excess sebum. This ingredient is also an anti-inflammatory, soothing the skin to reduce redness and irritation.
- Shea Butter gives the face cream its nourishing consistency and works to moisturize your skin while preventing free radical damage and premature aging. As our face cream includes shea butter, it’s ideal for using around your beard area to prevent razor bumps and irritation.
- Vitamin E works with your sunscreen to prevent the UV damage that leads to early aging and reduces the appearance of acne scarring. It keeps your skin hydrated and soothed throughout the day.
- Sandalwood is the headline ingredient in our face cream for men. It’s a powerful antioxidant that keeps your skin firm to prevent premature aging by protecting it from free radical damage and wrinkles. As a soothing ingredient, it reduces the inflammation that comes with acne and breakouts.
With one product offering all these benefits for your skin, it’s easy to see why moisturizers are often the only skincare product that men need in their daily routine. We recommend using our face cream for men alongside our anti-aging eye cream for a quick and easy skincare routine.
At sefoliskincare.com, our men’s face cream is a daily essential and a must-have for any man’s skincare routine. It’s free of parabens and sulfates with a fast-absorbing formula, suitable for all skin types.
You can purchase our face moisturizer for men directly through sefoliskincare.com – if you have any questions, you can get in touch via our contact form.